Driving Licence is one of the most important documents which permits you to drive a vehicle. However, if you are caught driving without the licence then you need to know that you can be fined.
A person is always advised to carry his driving licence while he is driving. But what if you have lost your driving licence? There is no need to worry or panic as you can easily apply for a duplicate driving licence.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
When can you apply for a duplicate licence?
A duplicate driving licence will be issued in the following circumstances:
1. When the licence is lost or destroyed.
2. When the licence is defaced or torn or completely written up.
3. When the photograph affixed to the licence requires replacement.
What are the documents required?
1. Application in Form – 2.
2. Original licence written or defaced if available.
3. Attested photocopies of DL if available in case of loss of licence.
4. Fees as prescribed along with user charges.
How can you apply for Duplicate Licence?
You can apply for a duplicate driving licence both online and offline. Check the steps provided below to apply online:
1. First of all go to the official website of the Transport Department at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
2. Select concerned state.
3. Click on “Services on Drivers License(Renewal/Duplicate/AEDL/Others)” from “Driving License” menu.
4. Fill up application form.
5. Click on “Next Button” to proceed.
6. Visit RTO on scheduled date, with original documents and Fee Slip.
After 30 days of completion of online process of driving license, duplicate driving license will come to your address through post.