Udyog Aadhar is a Unique Identification Number issued to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). It is issued by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. But now the Udyog Aadhar is revised into Udyam. New MSMEs need to register now under the Udyam Registration Portal and obtain Udyam Certificate.
All the existing enterprises registered under Udyog Aadhar should register again on the Udyam Registration portal. The enterprises registered under Udyog Aadhar before 30th June 2020 will continue to be valid till 31st March 2021. Thus, MSMEs who have a Udyog Aadhar Certificate need to re-register themselves under the Udyam Registration portal before 31st March 2021.
What is Udyog Aadhar?
Udyog Aadhar is a twelve-digit Unique Identification Number given to the MSMEs after their registration with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
Now, Udyog Aadhar is replaced with Udaym by the Government of India. Any enterprise that comes under the definition of MSME can obtain Udaym Registration for their enterprise through the Udyam Registration portal.
What is the Udyog Aadhar Certificate?
Udyog Aadhar Certificate is issued to the MSMEs registered with the Ministry of MSME. The Udyog Aadhar Certificate contains the Udyog Aadhar Number of the enterprise.
Now, the enterprises having the Udyog Aadhar Certificate need to re-register and mitigate the Udyam Registration Portal and obtain the Udyam Registration Certificate. Udyam Registration Certificate contains the unique registration number of the enterprise and can receive the benefits provided to MSMEs by the Government of India.
What is the Udyog Aadhar Registration Fee?
Enterprises having Udyog Aadhar Registration need to re-register again for Udaym Registration. There is no fee for mitigating from Udyog Aadhar Registration to Udyam Registration.
The registration for MSMEs under Udaym Registration Portal is completely online. There is no fee charged for any registrations under this portal. It is free of cost.
Udyog Aadhar Registration Process
New MSMEs and those enterprises having Udyog Aadhar can obtain Udyam Registration on the official Government portal of udyamregistration.gov.in. There are two options under the Udyam Registration Portal for getting Udyam Registration Certificate. They are:
- New entrepreneurs who have not yet registered as MSME and
- For those having registration as UAM or EM-II and those having registration as EM-II or UAM through Assisted filing
The registration process is as follows:
- New MSMEs need to click on the button “For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME” button on the homepage of the portal and fill the registration form online.
- Entrepreneurs can register their enterprises with or without PAN Number. They need to provide all the details regarding PAN card for verification, personal information, enterprise details, bank details and submit the form.
- Once the form is submitted, a successful registration message of the MSME along with a reference number will appear. After verification of registration, the Udyam Registration Certificate is issued to the MSMEs within a few days.
- MSME’s having Udyog Aadhar Registration need to click on the button “For those having registration as EM-II or UAM” or “For those having registration as EM-II or UAM through Assisted filing” shown on the homepage of the portal.
- They need to fill the registration details, and their registration under the revised Udyam Registration will be complete.
Shopify blog readers can use the coupon SHOPCT10 for a discount on all Cleartax services.
About the author
Frequently Asked Questions about Udyog Aadhar
Which enterprises are considered as MSME?
Any enterprise whose investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed Rs.1 crore, and turnover does not exceed Rs.5 crore is considered a micro-enterprise. Every enterprise whose investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed Rs.10 crore, and turnover does not exceed Rs.50 crore is considered a small enterprise. Every enterprise whose investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed Rs.50 crore, and turnover does not exceed Rs.250 crore is considered a medium enterprise.
What documents are required for Udyog Aadhar/Udyam Registration?
The Udyog Aadhar/Udyam registration process is entirely online and does not require uploading of any documents. Only the Aadhar and PAN of the entrepreneur is required to be entered in the registration form.
What are the benefits of Udyog Aadhar registration?
A MSME having a Udyog Aadhar registration can get the benefits of all the government schemes for MSMEs. They are also eligible for government subsidies. They can apply for government micro business loans and other such related beneficial schemes.
Can an entrepreneur file for more than one Udyog Aadhar registration?
An entrepreneur having Udyog Aadhar registration will have to mitigate Udyam Registration. There is no need to file for more than one Udyam Registration for more than one enterprise. Any number of activities undertaken by an entrepreneur which includes both manufacturing and service can be specified or added in one registration.
Are Udyog Aadhar and Udaym Registration same?
No. Udyog Aadhar was introduced in 2015 by the Government of India for registration of MSMEs. Subsequently, the Government revised the MSME definition and introduced the Udyam Registration portal in 2020 for registering new MSMEs. The Government also stated that all enterprises having Udyog Aadhar Registration need to re-register under Udaym Registration portal after 1st July 2020 for it to be valid.