The court has asked the Centre to file all relevant documents and file notings within two weeks explaining what led to the formation of current vaccination policy.
A special bench of Justices D Y Chandrachud, L N Rao and S Ravindra Bhat were hearing the matter. The next hearing will be on June 30.
Here are the key points:
- Supreme Court has asked the Centre to place on record all relevant documents on its vaccination policy along with purchase history of all the Covid vaccines till date.
- The Centre has also been asked to put on record data about quantity of vaccines ordered as on each date along with projected date of supply.
- The Supreme Court has asked the States and UTs to file affidavits within two weekss on their vaccination policies.
- The top court ha also sought data on the number of people who have been vaccinated with single and double doses in the three phases so far.
- The apex court also asked the Centre to update it on steps taken to ensure supply of drug for mucormycosis (black fungus).
- The top court asked the Centre to explain why the funds earmarked in the Budget can’t be used to vaccinate those in the 18-44 years age group.