As announced this morning, from 6pm Tuesday 29 June 2021, a 3 day lockdown will be in place for the following Local Government Areas (LGAs):
- Sunshine Coast
- Moreton Bay
- Gold Coast
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
- Townsville City
- Palm Island Aboriginal Shire
The lockdown restrictions will be reviewed on Friday 2 July.
Anyone in the affected LGAs will be required to stay at home except for essential reasons. Anyone who was in South East Queensland, Townsville (including Magnetic Island) or Palm Island on or since 6pm Tuesday 29 June 2021 is required to follow the same lockdown rules even if they are no longer in those areas.
You can only leave your residence (which includes temporary accommodation such as a holiday rental) for limited permitted purposes such as:
- obtaining essential goods or services, including healthcare (including vaccinations)
- attending essential work or childcare
- assisting vulnerable persons
You should stay in your local area wherever possible.
You can only have two visitors to your residence (excluding volunteers and workers).
You can exercise away from your home with your household group and/or one other person not from your household.
You must carry a face mask at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to. You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, such as:
- shopping centres and supermarkets
- hospitals and aged care facilities, if permitted to visit
- indoor workplaces (where safe to wear a mask and you can’t physically distance)
- public transport, taxis and rideshare, and waiting places or queues for this transport
- airports and travelling on planes.
Masks do not need to be worn in some circumstances, including children under 12 years, where people have certain medical conditions, and in workplaces where it is not safe to do so.
Masks may be removed when sitting down to eat and drink, undertaking strenuous exercise and for employment purposes.
Non-essential businesses are not allowed to operate. Cinemas, entertainment and recreation venues, hairdressers, beauty and personal care services, gyms and places of worship will all close.
Childcare centres will remain open.
Restaurants and cafes can provide take away or home delivery services only.
Funerals will be limited to 20 people, and weddings will be limited to 10 people, including the celebrant and the couple.
Restrictions on aged care, hospitals, disability care and correctional facilities apply with no personal visitors allowed. Anyone attending these facilities in South East Queensland, Townsville or Palm Island, including staff, must wear a mask. People will still be able to visit their loved ones who are at end of life.
You can return to your home outside of South East Queensland, Townsville or Palm Island, but you must follow the same lockdown rules when you return home, regardless of where your destination is.
Those leaving South East Queensland, Townsville or Palm Island during this time may do so for essential reasons or to return home, but must also remain at their residence and limit their movements until the lockdown period has ended.
If you live outside South East Queensland, Townsville or Palm Island, you can transit through those areas without stopping.
Restrictions for rest of Queensland
- If you have been in South East Queensland, Townsville, Magnetic Island or Palm Island since 6pm Tuesday 29 June 2021 you are required to follow the same lockdown rules as above
- If you have been in South East Queensland since 1am Tuesday 29 June you must carry a mask and wear it whenever you are outside the house (excluding vigorous exercise or when eating and drinking)
- All indoor settings: 1 person per 2 square metres, or 100 per cent capacity with ticketed and allocated seating
- Private gatherings: limited to a maximum of 100 people
- Indoor wedding ceremonies and funerals: 1 person per 2 square metres or 200 people (whichever is greater) or 100 per cent capacity with ticketed and allocated seating.
Map of South East Queensland Local Government Areas (LGAs)
The map does not support Internet Explorer. Please view this page in an alternative browser, or check written information on this page.