Coronavirus case diagnosed days after man left hotel quarantine no longer under investigation

Coronavirus case diagnosed days after man left hotel quarantine no longer under investigation

[ad_1]

The COVID-19 case of a man who tested positive three days after he left hotel quarantine in South Australia is no longer under investigation and has been classified as “historical”, SA Health says.

SA Health yesterday said the man’s day-17 test had revealed a “weak positive result” and he had been directed to self-isolate as the case was further investigated.

The man, aged in his 20s, had earlier undergone two weeks of hotel quarantine after returning from overseas, and was released last week after repeated negative tests.

Health authorities yesterday said that while the man probably contracted the virus overseas, further tests would be needed.

But today SA Health said its suspicion his case was “highly likely to be historical” had been confirmed.

Two new cases of coronavirus cases, both acquired overseas, were reported today in South Australia.

The two men aged in their 20s have been in medi-hotels since their arrival.

Their infections take the state’s total number of coronavirus cases since the start of the pandemic to 812.

Meanwhile, two remaining close contacts of a worker from a Northern Territory mine who is quarantining with his family — all of whom have the virus — have been retested but SA Health cannot yet say whether the results have come back. 

South Australia’s Transition Committee is holding a virtual meeting today to discuss the potential easing of restrictions.

On Monday, South Australia reimposed sweeping social distancing measures for at least one week amid coronavirus outbreaks across the nation.

But no changes were expected to be announced today.

Loading form…

[ad_2]

Source link

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share This