Tuesday was an action-packed day for the stock markets. The BSE Sensex achieved a new record for intraday high scaling a level of 53,129.37 while the broader market NSE Nifty 50 missed it by a whisker (1 points). The markets, however, ended flat today, albeit some negative bias. Sensex ended at 52,861.18, settling almost 19 points lower from the Monday closing. Meanwhile the Nifty 50 was down by 16 points, closing at 15,818.25.
In the 30 share BSE Sensex, 10 stocks were trading in the green at the end of Tuesday’s trading session while the remaining 20 stocks were trading in the red at the closing time. The top 5 gainers on Tuesday at close were Ultratech Cement, HDFC Bank, Bajaj Finance, Bajaj Finserv and Kotak Mahindra Bank while the top 5 losers were Tech Mahindra, TCS, Maruti Suzuki, Reliance Industries and Sun Pharma.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Meanwhile in the 50-share NSE Nifty 50, at the closing time 19 shares advanced, while the remaining 31 shares declined. Ultratech Cement, Shree Cement, HDFC Bank, Bajaj Finance and SBI Life were the top 5 gainers on Tuesday. The top 5 losers in the day’s trade were Tata Motors, Tech Mahindra, Coal India, TCS and Mahindra & Mahindra.
Major indices including Nifty Bank and Nifty Financial Services ended in the green while Nifty 50, Nifty Midcap 50 and Nifty Next 50 ended in the red on Tuesday.
- Among the sectoral indices, Nifty Bank ended over 1 per cent up at 35,579.15
- Nifty auto was down 1.7 per cent at 10,559.70
- Nifty Realty was also up by over 0.34 per cent and ended at 352.80.
- Nifty PSU Bank ended at 2,513.40, down 1.26 per cent from the Friday closing.
- Nifty Metal, Nifty Pharma, Nifty IT and Nifty FMCG ended in the red while Nifty Media ended in the green on Tuesday.
Today, the USDINR futures were trading at 74.7275 on the BSE against the USD at 3:45 pm moving with a positive bias, up 0.34 per cent from the previous closing price on Monday.