The Government rolled out the Central Sector Scheme- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) to provide financial assistance of up to Rs 6,000 annually to small and marginalised farmers across the country.
The financial benefit of Rs 6,000 per year is to be released to the eligible farmers in three installments of Rs 2,000 each every 4-month / trimester, i.e. April-July, August-November, and December-March.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
So, how many members in a family can claim the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi benefit? Well, the Government has clearly mentioned that under the scheme income support of Rs 6,000 per year in three equal installments will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined landholding/ownership of up to 2 hectares.
The definition of family for the scheme is husband, wife, and minor children. State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines. As per the rule of the scheme, only one member of the family can get its benefit and not both husband and wife.
The Scheme is being implemented through an Aadhaar linked electronic database containing details of all members of the families of the farmers whose names appear in the land records
Who can’t avail the benefits?
The following categories of beneficiaries of higher economic status shall not be eligible for benefit under the scheme; All Institutional Landholders; and Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to the following categories:
1) Former and present holders of constitutional posts
2) Former and present Ministers / State Ministers and former / present Members of Lok Sabha / Rajya Sabha / State Legislative Assemblies / State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
3) All serving or retired officers and employees of Central / State Government Ministries / Offices / Departments and their field units, Central or State PSEs and Attached offices / Autonomous Institutions under government as well as regular employees of the local bodies (excluding multi-tasking staff / Class IV / Group D employees)
4) All superannuated / retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs 10,000/- or more (excluding multi-tasking staff / Class IV / Group D employees)
5) All persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year.
6) Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
In case of new beneficiaries being uploaded on the PM-KISAN Portal, all landholding farmers’ families who are non-resident Indians (NRIs) in terms of the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961 shall be excluded from any benefit under the Scheme.
The PM KISAN Yojana benefits 12 crore farmers across the country. The PM KISAN Yojana provides financial assistance to farmers irrespective of the size of their landholdings. The scheme provides minimum income support up to Rs 6,000 to farmers across the country. The amount is directly transferred to the bank account of the farmers.