WhatsApp New Feature Update – Clicking photos or making videos has become a big part of our lives. People also share these clicks with others via messages. But not everything that is shared needs to become a permanent digital record.
WhatsApp has launched new View Once photos and videos that disappear from the chat after they’ve been opened, giving users even more control over their privacy.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Explaining how View Once works WhatsApp in its blog post said, “For example, you might send a View Once photo of some new clothes you’re trying on at a store, a quick reaction to a moment in time, or something sensitive like a Wi-Fi password. As with all the personal messages you send on WhatsApp, View Once media is protected by end-to-end encryption so WhatsApp cannot see them. They will also be clearly marked with a new “one-time” icon.”
“After the media has been viewed, the message will appear as “opened” to avoid any confusion about what was happening in the chat at the time,” it added.
Features of view once:
1. Media will not be saved to the recipient’s Photos or Gallery.
2. Once you send a view once photo or video, you won’t be able to view it again.
3. You can’t forward, save, star, or share photos or videos that were sent or received with view once media enabled.
4. You can only see if a recipient has opened a view once photo or video if they have read receipts turned on.
5. If you don’t open the photo or video within 14 days of it being sent, the media will expire from the chat.
6. You must select view once media each time you want to send a view once photo or video.
7. View once media can be restored from backup if the message is unopened at the time of back up. If the photo or video has already been opened, the media will not be included in the backup and can’t be restored.
However you need to note that if someone takes a screenshot or screen recording of the media before it disappears then you won’t be notified.
How to send view once media?
1. Open an individual or group chat and select the photo or video you want to send.
2. You can also open the camera to take a new photo or video.
3. Click on the “1” option which will be visible to you as soon as you attach the media to send.
4. Click on the send tab.