SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global automated visual field analyzer market size is expected to reach USD 265.5 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2021 to 2028. The growing frequency of new product launches and the rise in the incidence of ocular diseases such as glaucoma and cataract are key drivers to market growth.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The static perimeters segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to its extensive use in capturing large data points for automated visual field testing
- The hospital segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to the increasing number of hospitals in developing countries and growing competition in healthcare service providers
- The ophthalmic clinics segment is expected to experience the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to its convenience, proximity, and lower costs to patients and insurers
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR of around 7.5% over the forecast period due to the presence of untapped opportunities in the emerging economies in China and India
Read 115 page market research report, “Automated Visual Field Analyzer Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Static, Kinetic), By End Use (Hospitals, Ophthalmic Clinics), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
The global impact of COVID-19 on eye health, along with population aging, and environmental and lifestyle changes are the factors expected to result in substantial growth of the automated visual field analyzer market with an increase in the number of individuals suffering from visual impairment and blindness. At least 2.2 billion individuals worldwide have a near or far vision impairment.
Technological advancements in automated visual field analyzers have significantly reduced turnaround time and increased accuracy in visual field testing. One of the major such advances has been the introduction of new software algorithms. Some of the key reasons anticipated to drive the growth of the market include an increase in the frequency of new product launches. Novel tests of visual function are being developed as a result of recent technological advancements. Diagnostic testing using portable, low-cost equipment now enables the examination of patient populations with limited access to health care and permits testing to occur outside of the clinical environment or at home.
Many public and private organizations are taking steps to raise awareness about eye health and vision care among the general public, optometrists, and ophthalmologists for the diagnosis and treatment of ophthalmic diseases, such as conducting awareness and advertising campaigns and workshops. Additionally, several suppliers provide ophthalmologists and technician’s hands-on training in visual field analyzers through courses, tutorials, and workshops. Such activities assist to raise knowledge about ocular illnesses and accessible diagnostic equipment, such as ophthalmic perimeters, which will drive the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global automated visual field analyzer market based on product, end use, and region:
- Automated Visual Field Analyzer Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Automated Visual Field Analyzer End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Ophthalmic Clinics
- Automated Visual Field Analyzer Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Automated Visual Field Analyzer Market
- Carl Zeiss
- Haag-Streit AG
- Elektron Eye Technology
- Heidelberg Engineering
- Kowa Company, Ltd
- MEDA Co., Ltd.
Check out more studies related to ophthalmology, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Ophthalmic Devices Market – The global ophthalmic devices market is expected to reach USD 55.5 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Eye Examination Equipment Market – The global eye examination equipment market size is expected to reach USD 8.8 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period.
- Advanced Ophthalmology Technologies Market – The global advanced ophthalmology technologies market size is expected to reach USD 9.6 billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 6.5%, as per a new report by Grand View Research Inc.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Medical Devices Industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.